International Museum Day 2024 - Throwday Special

    This entry differs from the others as it shares more about my life outside of game development or YouTube channel. I thought this to be good idea in order to connect from a different perspective.

    Last week, on May 19, the 2024 International Museum Day was celebrated, and as a result, the Ayala Museum in Makati offered free admissions. My family and I used this opportunity to visit and witness the artwork.

    It was a unique experience, and I am not just saying that. It had been a long time since I visited a museum, so I was expecting to see the artworks for aesthetic value. However, the museum focused more on explaining Philippine history, something I am interested in due to my affinity to fantasy and narrative concepts. It featured artifacts, artworks and an entire exhibit featuring national historical events through small set pieces. I wondered how the museum was able to preserve such relics for over 200 years. There was a spot where visitors could interact with some artifacts, in which I was surprised that such items did not show many signs of decay. Perhaps I underestimated the concept of decay or that the museum had treated the artifacts.

    I was able to take pictures inside -- only flash photography was not allowed -- and it was especially fun with the set pieces as it feels that I was making a movie, and while all of this was a great experience, I was surprised that such an experience was only an hour long. Regardless, it was an experience worth sharing.

    Now back to the task at hand, the May Dev Diary of Toaster Launcher will be published on the 15th of June.

    Make sure you stay tuned for updates on the game's development! 🍞💣

- Arolf Delano Santos


Comments