Moving Forward After Toaster Launcher

     It has been a while since the 2024 PGDX. It was a fun experience, showing Toaster Launcher in its new update with a demo of the Story Mode. It is only a matter of time (maybe some months) until the complete game is finished and will be published on both itch.io and Steam. It is not going to be free, so all future content will be playtested only privately or in future exhibits, like next year's PGDX.


    Speaking of next year's PGDX, even though I can complete Toaster Launcher before that, I believe that I should bring more than just a complete version of the game...

...I will make a second game.

    So alongside a completed Toaster Launcher would be a prototype of the new game that is going to be featured on the next PGDX. I was brainstorming on the types of games I am going to make, and while all are great ideas that would be executed soon, in a race against time, I decided for now to settle on the underlined idea on the list:

  • Top-down Swarm Shooter
  • Top-down Roguelite with a progression twist
  • 2D voxel game focused on management
  • First-person life-sim/survival/sandbox in space
  • Narrative Action-Platformer game
  • Harsh survival game with a management twist
    This roguelite game should allow enough variety as well as being fair enough to develop to feature on the 2025 PGDX. Right now, it is in the planning stage, and I will reveal the details soon enough.

    Now focusing back on Toaster Launcher, with all that is laid-out, especially the Story Mode's structure and coding, it would not take too long for all of it to be finished, aside for the polishing. Right now, I am working back on the original plan, which is to focus on developing the City and Space levels.

Finally, I had an idea to make the game more rewarding. Here's a hint.


    Make sure you stay tuned for updates! 🍞💣

- Arolf Delano Santos

Comments